my 2 an half year old cant poo

my lil boy has had  same problem with his bowels for th past 2years nothing seems to work from doctors he has a poo every 7 or more days and wen he needs to he sits on the floor pushed till red in the face like havin a bby some times he skids his nappy or bit off diarhia comes out this goes on for bout 3 days till empty out then starts again, his bum gets sore he screams in pain and trys all through the day i hate seein him like this HELP...

Tam866

Asked by Tam866 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• add prunes to his diet, whether pureed and added to milk, juice, etc. Also, apple juice will help. What sorts of food does he eat? It might be time for a change in diet. Apple sauce and bananas will bind a child up and make it harder for them to have a bowel movement. Good luck mumma. I hope this works itself out!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You need to change his diet. Daily prunes. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ive tried lactoloose movicon and depositry up his bum, he has healthy diet fruit veg etc, i have four kids but none off other 3 have a problem i just feel for him, even went to accident and emergency 3 weeks ago am at my last teather with them, wen u do his nappy he solid is there but there is a over flow off loose poo like diarhia that comes b4, he squeezes that hard his face goes red and sweaty , ill try the juices etc thank u
    Tam866

Comment by Tam866 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My girl is the same why and has been since a baby. We have to do mirlax for her about each day. she is now five but even when four and three years old on exlax. But she has problems with her kidneys begin large and blocking colon and her bladder is the size of an adult. I would if things do not work out check with a doctor. also pedal their legs like a bicyle laying down or even potty trained use a stool and that helps. Fiber is good but to much can make more constionation.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• its not nice wen there little to watch them he wont let me near him to help wen needs to wakes him up also with pain in belly, the doctors dont seem to help same old crap.......thank u for posts any other ideas to help is a big help x
    Tam866

Comment by Tam866 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I had the same problem when I was that age... (my mom told me) and she would do the prune juice thing for me but she would warm it and that would help me go. and also, like momindiana said... pedal the legs like a bicycle... that really does work... and keep him relaxed.... poor thing...
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My son had the same problem. People tell you to put prunes in his diet more, but lets get real, it's just not practical for everyday. We started using the Fleets gummy fiber vitamins. He now poops everyday, plus he really looks forward to getting his gummies, versus icky nasty prunes.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• also for days when his poops are super tough, and he just an't seem o get it out, Fleets also have suppositories and enemas. However, these are not to be used alot!!!!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010