idk what im even asking BUT

so like i have said i have had major breathing problems i thought maybe something to do with stress and anxiety.. so i asked my dr if that could be the cause and he said....yeah that could be it. and thats it. and walked out of the room and was done.

it was weird i dont FEEL right i feel like i cant breath at all i cant even inhale..

and he leaves me with.. yeah maybe..

what would you do?
i dont want prescription or anything i dont even take any medicines, i want to find out what it is so i can know how to deal with it.

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would ask another doctor, one who obviously cares more than him. I'd also maybe ask a nurse, somethimes they can be more helpful!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yeah if you don't feel right you should keep talking until a doctor listens to you. Anxiety can cause breathing problems but it's certainly not the only thing that can cause them. If it were me I wouldn't accept that it "could" be caused by anxiety until a doctor had cleared me for everything else it could be.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thats crazy but I experienced pretty severe anxiety attacks when I was pregnant. Try taking a walk outside and focusing on your breathing. Use a paper bag if you have to. Change the scenery when yuo feel that way. If that doesnt take care of the issue you need to be seen immediatly in an er or urgent care. You could potentially be depriving the baby of oxygen if you cant breath. Also know if it is really bad anxiety you may HAVE to take a medication as needed to be able to maintain that oxygen level. But don't worry. Your doc will prescribe you something that is safe for baby. Also maybe you should consider switching doctors if its not too late.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If it really is anxiety, maybe you could do some yoga or something?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had the same breathing problems when pregnant and was fine. the baby is pushing on all internal organs but i also agree with the above answer that you have to go with your intincts and push for a doctor to check you out more thoroughly if you are really concerned.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 8:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008