what kind of birth control...?

i have taken 3 kinds of birth control over the past 10 years. i was on the pill till i got preggo w/ my son, after i had my son i tried the patch and i couldnt wear it due to the fact tht it made my legs cramp really bad and my doctor said to stop using it. after i had dd i got an iud, had it taken out a year ago tried to have a baby but didnt work out. now im looking to go back on birth control and was wondering, are there any new options? what works for you? what would ya'll recomend?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• tubes tied
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• no i would NEVER do that
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I used the nuvaring with no issues when the patch gave me hives. I now have the Paragard IUD and LOVE it too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I also have the Paraguard IUD and love it...pretty maitenance free, just gotta check the strings every once in awhile
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 6:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Out of all the forms of birth control that I've tried, the Ortho Evra patch was my favorite. I don't want anymore kids, so I want to try and get the Essure procedure done.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well, I am horrible with birth control.. The thing that worked best for me in the end was a complete hyst... LOL... sorry, but I had to have a partial hyst (uterus only) to start, then within the following 3 years, out came my ovaries with cysts on them. All in the spring around Easter, if nothing, my body was regular at making cysts.. Now I take bioidentical hormones and love it!!
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010