how soon can u take a dollar store pregnancy test?

My period is a day late. took a test two days ago just because and it was negative. Was it too early then and would it be too earlt now? and if so when would be a good time?

momma2b060509

Asked by momma2b060509 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait until at least the day after your missed period. I have taken them before my missed period and they were always correct.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think if the test was neg 2 days ago I would wait another day or so. I took a test 1 day before my missed period with DD. It was negative. I took it 4 days later and it was Pos. With DS it was POS a the day my period was due...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Now a days they are designed for anytime, morning urine is the best but if you can not wait you can still do it. I took my test 5pm and I was a very, hello, OMG, what the heck am I gonna do, my life will never be the same between a shit load of tears POSTIVE! Have been blessed ever since, he is now 18 going to the Navy.
    nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 3:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I took one with first morning urine at 14 days past ovulation and got a positive instantly.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I took one at 11 DPO and got a faint positive. Just to be sure that the 'dollar store' brand was reliable, I did, however take a First Response preg. test today and I am a definite positive so the dollar stores can work for some people though some say that they haven't worked for them.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I took 2 about a week before my missed period just bc I "felt" funny and it was BING positive, lol. And that was over 8yrs ago.
    daydreaminmom

Answer by daydreaminmom at 3:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i used one at 4 weeks and got a faint positive
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Wait a couple days and dry again
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• both times i found out i was pregnant i used the cheap tests. they both worked and they were both positive. the thing i am having trouble doing this time is we are actually trying to concieve so i am using the early result equate brand tests from wamart... they come 2 in a box for like 6 bucks or something.....the ones at the dollar store for a dollar aren't early result tests so if i were you i would get the early result ones=] good luck !
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• well i tried mine at the dollar tree and it was neg my AF is due by tomorrow no later than friday the 10th. i will retest tomorrow to see. I could have low preggo hormones because when i was preggo with my younger son 11 yrs ago i was 3 mos along before i knew i was preggo. So it does depend on you knowing your body. If you don't get your period still i would say make dr appt because you could be preggo.
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010