WILL my baby decide it's time?

They want to induce me tomorrow since I will be 15 days late. Sine I track my cycles I am sure it is accurate I was hesitant since everyone is always saying it's best to wait it out but WILL he ever decide to some out on his own!? Should I go through with the induction or decline and sign the form. They said if I declined past 14 days I would have to sign a waiver. Even though all my stress test were good and the ultrasound today. I am dilated to 2 and 60% effaced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• @ bjojola .. I walked walked walked every day for miles when I hit 38 weeks! I did all the tricks after I hit 40 weeks. Nothing worked for me.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Walkings a great idea if you don't want to be induced..

I don't see anything wrong with being induced either. I think discussing your concerns with your provider, being totally honest in your concerns, will open up a good dialog of different options that you might prefer.

Good luck and congrats.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think so.... Walk walk walk.... I know I always say that but it really does help.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My mom had to enduce twice plus 20 extra hours late of labor before i came also i was already two weeks so its when the baby says its time
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I was induced because I was over a week late. And I was just fine. It isn't healthy either for the mom or baby to spend too much time. Not all babies go out on their own. You could end up having a c-section which is way worse.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My dr. wanted to induce me when I was 2 weeks late. He freaked me out. So I just did not go to the hospital. I let the baby come when he was ready. Two days later btw. I rather have nature take care of it self. I read that when being induced there is a higher percentage of C sections. I was not going for that.
    you do not have to be induced it is your pregnancy. your baby and your life. Take care. Everything will work out in the end what ever you do.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you want to induce your self drink some caster oil. OR have lots of sex with orgasms. (if you can find a man to help you out with the. LOL.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you, and baby are healthy, I would probably decline, at least for now. Speak to someone who knows a lot about this kind of stuff. A midwife or a doula possibly?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Avoid the castor oil. It is not worth all the risks either. Up to you, sign the waiver if you must. Personally I trust my OB so when he said let's induce I said ok.While it's not good for them to come early it isn't so great for them to come late either. The placenta will cease function eventually (Probably what they were looking for) and baby may have a bm in utero, inhale it and need antibiotics upon birth. I can't tell you what you should do, but I would trust my OB and do the induction.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010