Mind or Heart?

how do you know which one is actually speaking to you. For example...my heart tells me leave but is that really my mind??

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 3:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Doesn't matter...if your getting the "leave" feeling then it's your self preservation system that's taking over that knows if you stay...even if you love the person with your entire being...your going to be miserable. No matter where the "leave" comes from, it's your way of protecting you from something you know has, is or will happen.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yikes. Here's the thing. Even if it is your mind saying leave you probably should because our hearts can get us into trouble. Plus hearts can heal. It may take time or even therapy but you can move on. I don't know what's going on but if it's as serious as I'm guessing you might be better off just listening to that internal feeling whether it's your heart or you mind at this point it may not matter.
    Good Luck momma I'll pray for you if that's ok.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Me personally.

Mind.. All feelings are based on/stem from thoughts. Therefore my mind is actually the one doing the speaking.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• This is a hard one. I myself have been in this situation before. My advice is follow you head or mind this will always keep you safe. Following your heart will sometimes get you in trouble. Wishing you luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My heart gets me in trouble ALOT more than my mind. My mind knows what to do most of the time while my heart likes to go the other direction.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I follow my heart(: being in a situation like that isn't easy): I was there a while back, my mind told me 2leave but my heart just couldn't. If your married? Stick w/it 100% no excuses unless he is beating you& your kid(s) are in danger. Go 2 counseling or something like that girl(: life is short, start making the best of it!
    GracesMommy2006

Answer by GracesMommy2006 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I always find that my heart gives me irrational "advice" lol. If it's the smart/right thing to do, that's usually my head. So I guess it's what should be done vs what you want to do. If it's what you want, that's usually your heart.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010