what are some things you'll buy generic of at the store? and what are you a brand whore about?

im actually snacking on some dry coco dingo's - or whatever the hell the generic cocoa puffs are called - i bought in bulk at walmart and they're quite tasty. $5 for a 2 lb bag of cereal & kids can't taste the difference, can't really go wrong.

typically almost everything i buy at the store is store brand. it saves so much money. but there are some things i must have the brand of:

hellman's or kraft mayo
kraft or velveeta singles cheese
charmin TP
jif PB

most other things ill go generic on or atleast try. these are a few things i won't budge on!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Steak sauce and mayonnaise are all I can think of right now for NB. Almost everything I buy is off brand. Most of the time you are just paying for the name anyway.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I insist on brand name : miracle whip,toilet paper,laundry detergent,margarine,bread,peanut butter and jelly,spaghetti sauce,cake mix,juice,and dish soap
    i actually prefer Walmart's sandwich bags and soup

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I will buy ALMOST anything store brand, but not shampoo, not mayo and no great value cookies lol...
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I buy almost all generic and the only thing I can think of that I'm picky about is cheese- grated store brand is fine but sliced cheese MUST be name brand!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• butterfly19-have you even tried the offbrand 99% of the time it's the same
    Anonymous

• I don't eat sweets but the SO and kids only like the name brand lol... it wouldn't bother me a bit to buy them! :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I cant buy generic soap, lotion, shampoo and toilet paper. They all have to be brand name.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Kraft Cheese Singles, Heinz Ketchup, Laundry Detergent (I like several brands), Hand Soap (I like several brands), Body Wash/Shampoo/Conditioner (I like several brands), Kraft or Heinz Mayo, Huggies (or Kirkland if I have to do generic) Diapers, and Cheerios have to be name brand. I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of right now!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• A lot of what I buy is generic, but have to have my Kraft Mayo. There's a few other items, but I can't think of them at the moment. There's somethings I will buy a cheaper brand, but not Great Value. Some Great Value stuff is ok, but some of their stuff is just nasty, to me at least. My shampoo and conditioner I'm picky about, but usually wait until it's on sale and I have a coupon, so I get it just as cheap.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• generic is cheaper and let me tell you many things taste the same lol, with that said i still like the mayo to be a brand name lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010