Do you have professional mani/pedi's? How much do they cost? How often do you have them?

I have never had a professional mani or pedi. Just wanting to know the details of them.

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to, but contracted a fungal nail infection a couple of years ago from a shopping mall nail place. It took 6 months to get that cleared up (thank you Tea Tree Oil). Now I usually do them myself, or go to a spa that I trust.

I would recommend you observe the practioners BEFORE you partake. Be sure that they don't just wash, but STERILIZE the basins and all equipment. They should use new pumice stones, nail brushes, and emery boards for each customer; and give these to the customers when they are done.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I love a pedi! It is great. They massage your feet, get rid of all the callouses. It costs around $20 - $25. It lasts a few weeks. I only do it in the summer. It makes your feet beautiful!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Only thing I ever get done to my nails (and rarely) is get an acrylic set. I go to the cheapest place I can find and it's usually under 20 bucks. More expensive places will run upwards of $50 or so.

But for a regular mani/pedi at a decent place it'll probably be about maybe $30 for both.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• 20 for pedi
    28 for mani and pedi
    10 for mani
    uv light 80
    uv light with design 100
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My mani's are $30, pedi's are $60. I go to an Aveda salon to have them done, manis last about a week and a half, pedis about 4 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• When i had mine it was a local shop here in town (which is still there) and it cost $20.00 or so plus tip for just a color of my choice. And for pink and white (pink on top and white for the tips) cost around $30.00 plus tip. I would get mine every 2 weeks. I have'nt had them done in awhile because my job does'nt allow the fake fingernails thing in the kitchen. (waitress) It soooooo sucks, i hate it!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 9:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010