Christmas decorating for the outside of my house...

I would love to decorate more on the outside of my house this year ~ even though only a handful of people ever see our house!! I was thinking of getting just the little wreaths for the windows. I would love to put some garland around the doorway of the front door, but it is brick. I saw brick clips, but it doesn't look like there is enough space to even clip those on to our bricks. How do you decorate the outside of your house?

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 3:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't do much since we moved in with his mom. I decorate the door and a few little "santa stop here" signs in the flowers but that's about it. The house we used to live in was on a main road next to a Burger King and across from a liquor store so we really decorated the outside. Rope lights, little trees, wreaths ... made it pretty but not too much of it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Lights on the pine trees ... or at least that's what we've always done. It's just me now, so I'm trying to figure out how to do that by myself. Just one of the too-many-to-count ways that being a widow impacts life ...
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We put lights on the roof line with those roof clips and then I have a sleigh with reindeer, a tree, packages,a Santa riding a motorcycle, a Snoopy dog house and candy canes that go down my sidewalk, and candles on each side of my porch swing and a wooden sled that I have decorated
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We have wood around our doorand at the top of the windows. I bought garland and wrapped it with berry studded twigs and gold leaves.
    We put lights on th house and I bought a rosemary bush shaped like a Christmas tree and put a bow on it. I'm going to do something with the mailbox this weekend. I also decorated a small silver tree for my moms grave
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010