How can I keep my 13 month old from eating cat food?

issiahsmommy09

Asked by issiahsmommy09 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you put your cat bowl on a bathroom counter or on top of the washer or something? WE used to keep our cat bowl on top of the fridge! Cats are acrobatic they don't mind working for their dinner.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You are not for real are you!!!! HMMmm how about making it less accessible to her!!!! She is 13 months and you are how old?? -13?
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• keep the baby out of the kitchen

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Um, yeah - 90% of your home is higher than your child's reach. Put the cat dish where she can't reach it. Pretty simple really.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Put the cat food where the 13 month old can get at it. This is about the only solution.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have tried everything to keep him outa of cat food and no im 18 thank you, and a 1st time mom i am still learning new things everyday. i give him his snacks and show him that is his and the cat food is for his cat
    issiahsmommy09

Comment by issiahsmommy09 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Another solution would be to feed your kitty at night when you go to bed. Pick the dish up during the day. Kitty won't starve, trust me.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• sounds like a good idea she cant really jump up on things she is 12 weeks old and dont have the concept down of how to jump lol but thanks for all ur advice i know it was question most everyone would know but as my mom always told me it never hurts to ask questions no matter how silly they sound
    issiahsmommy09

Comment by issiahsmommy09 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Feed the cat when you put the baby to sleep at night. Put the food away during the day. My daughter has eaten her fair share of cat food too!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Feed the cat at night.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010