So my husband tells me he's not happy and hasn't been for a while...

Because of my shi**y attitude. I admit I can be a bitch and have mood swings sometimes. It all started over Thanksgiving. We didn't stay at his mom's for dinner because my family and his were eating at the same time. (I know I shld hve just stayed, but I did apologize.)He's been acting weird since then. To make a long story short, he said he's not happy. Over text. Now I'm a SAHM and don't work. I do have a rental property, so I get $600 a month profit from that. I asked him if he wanted a divorce but he won't answer. What's the first step I should take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• therapy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Might I add he has SERIOUS communication problems. Something I tried to talk to him about but he just won't get help for it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Change your attitude. It'll work wonders.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Do you want to work it out or leave?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Marriage counseling is your first stop. Go from there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would start working on making him feel loved. That's what most men mean when they say they aren't happy. They just mean they don't feel loved. If you need help getting started, buy yourself a copy of THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES by Dr. Gary Chapman. Figure how what his love language is and then get to work communicating that to him. It wil turn your marriage around in no time, and both you and he will feel much happier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Try to be a better wife
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I won't leave. My mom tells me it's abandonment and the courts would say it's all on me. I would stay with him if he can also change his issues but I don't see that happening.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Are you happy? If it's him that's not happy then you should tell him to leave, get his thoughts in order on his own and then you to go from there. It just may be a break he needs or it just may be a total break he needs. Men are needy cowards. He won't answer you because he doesn't have something else lined up. I guarantee you that if he already had another piece lined up, you wouldn't be asking this because he would have left on his own already and not even given you the time or care to think about it. I know it's the holidays but that shouldn't matter...as a matter of fact, it may be even more prolific to take care of it now so if it is just a fluke thought in his tiny brain then he may react even quicker to his ultimately decision. Good luck...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sounds like this has going on longer than a few weeks. I have to agree with absoluteself on this one, no man wants to be with a wife whos always bitchy (I mean you wouldn't would you). Try being nice, make him feel special and love ect...
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010