I am sick of geting scammed

Once again, I have fallen for the work at home trap. All I want is a legitimate work from job so I can raise my grandson but I got scammed again. I thought this would be legitimate as it was posted on www.mommymakingmoney but I was wrong. These companies want you to pay huge aout to get started with them..... really??? if I had the money I wouldn't be looking fora job!

Does anyone out there work for legitimatework from home company?

daisydays171

Asked by daisydays171 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Never ever pay for a job. I have looked at many work from home. They all want money though.Good luck.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 3:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences with working from home. I work with Internet CEO Moms. With most home business opportunitues there is some type of start up cost. However, you should never pay a large start up fee, just enough to cover your start-up materials and such.
    If you'd like to get more info about our team feel free to visit my website. Our start-up is only $1.00 through the middle of this month. After the promo is over it's still only 29.00. The fee covers your membership kit and materials.
    Good Luck in your search! :)
    Hannah Mayr
    http://internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 4:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The first thing you need to do is to decide what you enjoy doing. Would you like to sell on eBay, babysit, houseclean? Or are you looking for a position such as customer service/call center work? You can really do any job at home if the employer will let you. Sprint hires for work at home in my town as does Convergys. If you'd like I do blog about work at home ideas and opportunities in my Blog, you can read that at Mavi's Home Work.   Otherwise, just search around and do your research.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• o you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Lots of the moms on here are guilty of being misleading like that, i was tired of that too, so i made my own site with LEGIT HOME JOBS, but there is some sacrafices you have to make, and you may still need childcare cause most you need a quiet background.

I found something that the BBB says you want if you are looking for flexability. It is a business but its more like the jobs you see in insurance offices.

homecareersuccess.com would be your best bet.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry hun that sucks getting scammed. You should never have to pay money. Have you thought about selling things on ebay? Even just your own things like your grandson's clothes that he no longer wears or books that you don't read? How about secret shopping? Again you shouldn't have to pay. I know these are consistant jobs but they are a start. There is a couple of good groups on CM for working at home. You could check them out and see if you could get some good leads. Good luck you will find something keep your head up!
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• please tell us more about how you got scammed? Did they take your money and give you NOTHING in return?
    Did you have to buy a kit for a "start your own business' company, or did a "job" offer ask you for money. Everyone assumes they're going to be able to start something for nothing, and wonders why a business would want a 'start up" fee, in exchange for business materials, products, training, websites, etc. Nothing comes free---
    If you want to work for someone else, they can, and often will ask you to pay for minimum drug test and background check--if you wish to work from home.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There are next to no legit work at home jobs.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just started using this website called Varolo.com. I watch tv commercials on the site. It is totally free and it just launched. I watched 15 commercials from 15 sec to 1 min long. I have not gotten any cash from it yet but I figured what the heck I sitting in front of the computer all day anyway why not try this and see if it works. It really costs nothing to join and watch. I have never put my credit card info or any bank info on the site. They pay you through paypal. Just thought you might want to try it. Here is my link. http://www.varolo.com/village/abartender If you join my village I get money when you watch commercials too, and when you sponser people you make money when they watch. It is a really cool idea... wish I had thought of it. Just try it! I had nothing to lose, any little bit helps when you are out of work like I am
    mitzu3000gt

Answer by mitzu3000gt at 11:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There is a way, that you and I can build and earn a residual income on energy bills. The company right now is in TX, GA, and just came to PA a few weeks ago. We will be going into a new state every 3-6 months. Let's get together for a cup of coffee and we can watch a webinar - email me at expandpa@comcast.net. This is an exciting time for people who position themselves with this company.
    Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2010