Ovarian cyst

I have Ovarian cyst and I had the worst cramps ever during my period! Does this mean that my labor and delivery will be more painful than usual? Or should it be the same? I know everyone is different, but did any of you have cyst?

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no, not necessarily. I have ovarian cysts and my labor was only really bad when they gave me pitocin. My first baby I went all natural and stayed at home until 2 hours before he was born.

3rd baby, got the epi before they broke my water and started pitocin :) I learned my lesson about that from baby #2 LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was watching on baby story that most end up in c-sections if they are big, some doctors wont even let you try... but it seems like yours aren't too bad, so if they are letting you do it vag then it shouldnt hurt more. Esp. if you have an epidural
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had the same experience as flutterfae. I've had many many cysts and didn't think my labour hurt any worse except for with the pitocin. The cysts never caused any problems with labour.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008