If your husband asked you to renew your vows how would you react?

My husband recently mentioned that he'd like for us to renew our vows and take a trip for our 10th anniversary. We were married at the court house with no guests. He's thinking he would like to have a church ceremony and invite people. We didn't have a honey moon either, and he's talking about going on a cruise or something after the ceremony. I love that he wants this for us, but I feel a little strange about doing it.  We never had a shower and only received two gifts when we got married (we didn't need gifts, but cards would have been nice), so I am wondering who would even come. I don't know anything about vow renewals, or even weddings, so I don't know how to plan something like this.  I don't want to disappoint him, but I'm feeling stressed just thinking about it.  Would it be weird to do a vow renewal at a church and not invite guests? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be flattered that he would want to marry me all over again. I think your lucky and don't stress and let yourself have something you were not able to have before.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My first thought would be 'Why?' I'm not big on the idea. I kind of feel like the first time was good enough! If it is something he feels strongly about I would talk abotu it and find a middle ground. Maybe a very small thing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• What I would say to him is. I married you once. Not going to do it again. That is just the way I am.

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• that sounds great, and i personally wouldn't harp too much on who doesn't come bc those who do really love you and support you either way. i would enjoy it if i were you, you are lucky to have someone so thoughtful as he is
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would say yes all over again! don't look at it as a stressful situation, just something to look forward to, you have all the time in the world to plan.

Answer by older at 3:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Maybe make a fun trip out of it and go to Vegas and get married there,lol.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i would jump all on that one... my husband and i are planning on renewing our vows on our 5th year... we also go married in a court house and only have our immediate family there.. but had no honeymoon... but we plan on going to hawilli and having it be just us and our kids and make it a beautiful personal one.... but you shouldn't feel wierd at all about it but shocked lol... but your husband may want to give you the wedding he feels you deserve.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• think it is sweet that your husband wants to renew vows and this time have 'the trimmings' (guests, church, honeymoon). If it were me I would say Yes, and I would plan a small wedding with close friends/family and a nice reception.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I would be very surprised. I hate weddings, and we both think the idea of a vow renewal is silly.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My husband also asked me to renew our vows. We were married in a small ceremony right between the picnic tables where we met with only our brothers and parents as guests. We also never had a honeymoon. We plan on doing it for our 25th anniversary, we actually don't plan on lots of guests, just our kids and parents, kind of like when we got married.....for us it's not about having the wedding we never had, it's about renewing our commitment to each other, and I'm thrilled that after this many years, he still wants to marry me again.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010