What do you think about this quote on Jealousy? I just love it... it's oddly kind of beautiful.

I really want to know if others think it's rather pretty? If you don't that's fine too :D.

Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you.

There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within.

Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them.

~Jennifer James

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 3:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very beautiful and true!

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think its great :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i love it!!
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 3:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I mean usually you hear all these quotes......... Jealous bitches... haterz.... blah blah blah ghetto flatter yourself kind of quotes about jealousy.

I love how this is not an attack on those who are jealous, and how it is something that about anyone could relate to in one sense or another. I love how it is loving like you know that pain so you can reach out to them.

It's just beautiful.
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010