How Is This Bad?

I'm a widow of nearly six years and abous six months ago I finally felt that I was ready to start dating again. I had a few dates from Match.com and a few blind dates set up by friends. In all cases, the men informed either me directly or the friends who set us up that they weren't ultimately interested in me because I'm "too smart".

How is being smart a bad thing? It's not like I spent the whole time quoting Shakespeare and doing organic chemistry equations on the tablecloth or something!

Part of me thinks that they weren't being honest, that it was something else entirely, but it does seem strange that ALL these men said the same thing!

What do you think about this? Is "too smart" code for something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Some men feel threaten by intellectual smarts, dispose of those, you need someone who pars.

Answer by older at 3:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Ummm,not a vapid bimbo? Alot of guys are looking for a hookup with women. Smart women are on to them!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you need someone as smart as you or you will grow bored of their stupidity. Heck with them!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Butterflyblue is right on the mark!

Yes, I would say by their comments you ARE too smart....too smart to waste any more time on those clowns.

Keep looking, and in time you will find your match, someone who values your ability and whole self!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• They just aren't smart themselves, because if they were they would see a wonderful thing right in front of them.

You will find an intellectual to date soon enough. :)

Forget those bozos!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I agree with Butterflyblue... you are too smart for those idiots! You'll find someone worth your time and effort, don't let those morons stop you from keeping on dating.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Most men dont like being with someone who is smarter than them its not nothing wrong with you
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 5:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010