Using wic. Very tight this month need good recipes to make wic last us this month

This month is very tight because it is christmas. I receive wic and want to know some great recipes to make it stretch as far as possible. I am only spending 150 this month for christmas for three kids so i don't believe i am over doing it. any help is very appreciated. thanks bunches!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• soups and sanwiches
    Anonymous

• what do you get with yours. It varies state to state...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• not sure my wic in TN we only get milk, eggs, bread, cheese and juice
    i would say egg and cheese sandwhiches but i dont know what you get on your wic
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• fruits, veggies, beans, cereal, cheese, bread, eggs, milk, I live in texas
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you like me get 2 loaves of bread OR brown rice. I would get one brown rice to make beans and rice at least 2 nights. A can of beans with 1/2 the rice and some peas or carrots along with some seasoning is good and filling. Grilled cheese with the bread. Get bananas with your veggies since they are cheap and stretch the dollar amount. Scrambled eggs and home made pancakes for dinner a couple of nights with some fruit. Beans can sub the meat in almost any casserole recipe.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly. Send me a message if you would like some!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• bean soup, egg sandwich
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Beans, for soups and stews. Go for dry beans for extended cost savings.
    Hot cereals, instead of cold cereals. Cheese and grits can do dinner. Oatmeal can go for cereal, cookies or even casseroles.
    Blocks of cheddar cheese instead of slices. Use as toppings on soup, stews and casseroles.
    Veggies, depends on who eats what. I'd recommend, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, garlic, green pepper, winter squash, and cooking greens.

If you have flour, you can make home-made bread. Otherwise look for custard recipes for the milk and eggs.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ok lets see here....ive been in your shoes so i know exactly what you mean.....ummm,you could do grilled cheese and tomato soup,scrambled eggs with ham and cheese mixed in,beans and rice,bean soup,fruit salad,mixed veggies with cheese.....there is plenty of things you could make for real cheap....i was raised to be a bargain hunter lol....also check out websites for cheap food ideas....it all tastes the same.....good luck hun
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2010