I'm having horrible back pain

I'm just wondering if anyone has advice on dealing with back cramping. I basically feel like I would when I'm on or about to get my period it's right in the middle of my back. I'm only about 2 weeks pregnant, everyone keeps saying this is normal and I'm just really scared, I haven't had a child in almost 4 and half years so I'm rusty lol, any advice helps!!!

AndreaNkidz

Asked by AndreaNkidz at 3:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How do you know your pregnant already? I am not being a jerk. My second child (6 years after the first), my back hurt the ENTIRE pregnancy and it was normal... My SO gave me a nightly massage, and I had to wear flat shoes... but thats the only thing that helped me.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I never had back cramping. But the beginning of pregnancy felt exactly like I was about to get a very heavy period. It only lasts a few weeks. good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've had multiple blood test my hcg was 191 on Saturday so I'm definitely pregnant just seems to be re-occuring and I'm nervous that has something to do with a tubal pregnacy. I have been stressing a lot.
    AndreaNkidz

Comment by AndreaNkidz (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Ive got Scoliosis, so pregnancy does a NUMBER on my back. Causing me to not get any sleep and then have to mess with a two and a half year old all day. Ive got no advice for you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The cramping has been worse for me with each child at the beginning parts of pregnancy (this is my 4th). The best thing is tylenol, hot pad and find something that puts you at ease. It seems that my fears of something going wrong has gotten worse each time so it has been vital to find a CD that is calm and soothing, sit is a spot I can have a few minutes peace and breath as slowly as I can to calm my stress while I listen to the CD. If you feel the pain is over the top call the Dr or Nurse, they get pain to answer the medical questions and if it would put your mind at ease it is better to call and ask. I hope this helps
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Tell your doctor about your concerns! I feel like it never hurts to ask or to say anything and that isn't sometime you want to risk. But it could just be normal! I know I've been having lower back pain also but it's not too bad. Good luck!
    KirraZombie

Answer by KirraZombie at 11:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010