Is it normal to feel somewhat lost and confused when you find out you are pregnant?

I wanted to be pregnant, we have been trying for a few months. Once my period was late I began to get scared and stressed. I found out I was pregnant three days ago and have felt lost and confused and do not feel a connection to the baby yet. With my son who is two I immediately felt peaceful and calm and love. What is wrong with me? I am grateful for the blessing of pregnancy so why do I lack these other feelings?

babyTmommytobe

Asked by babyTmommytobe at 4:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It may come in time. I was confused too with my third. I wasn't expecting it and was thrown for a loop. I cried at first, but realize now (she's almost seven months old) that she was a gift to me at a time when I didn't know I needed it. Good luck with your pregnancy.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• They will come. :0) You are os much busier the second time around that it takes longer for the idea to sink in.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• dont worry. its always different, i cried when i found oiut i was prgnant this time (im now 29 weeks) i cried because i didnt want to be pregnant. but now i am so full of happiness and joy and i cant wait for him to get here. once i felt him move i was in love. at forst i was terrified mainly because i already have 3. but it is always a blessing anyway. you will warm up to it, when you can feel you baby move if not way before.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• First of all Congratulations!!! Second, it's normal. I'm sure your overall life was different when you had your first and now you'll have two. I have two and they are 22 months apart and it is hard to have two babies that need you and I'll say this it's so amazing and the most wonderful thing in the world at the same time. Oh, and to see them play together now that they are 1 & 3 is so awesome!! In the begining it was very hard for me and everyday gets better. It truly is the most wonderful gift. And, I am so glad I had them close together. I am an older mom had my first at 34 and my second at 36. I wouldn't change it for anything.
    It'll all be good when you see that beautiful baby looking at you ;o)
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• we tried for 3 years and once I finally got pregnant, I had this feeling of resentment and confusion.. hang in there, just hormones right now. Congratulations.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010