If your dh goes out of town at night

What helps you sleep... Not used to him being gone and am 25 weeks pregnant with four children so this is new to me.

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Him not snoring helps me sleep.. lol
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pretend he's on the couch sleeping... that's what i've done long ago. It helped a little. I'm sorry It's hard, and my hubby was only gone one night.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I usually watch a movie or get myself really tired before bed, that way I don't have time to worry about what might be a scary noise or something. I have to say though, I don't get terribly nervous when he's gone. I'm comfortable being alone. He worked out of state for a year and I had to take care of the kids and that made me have to get used to sleeping alone. And when he's gone, quite frankly, it's like I have one child being taken care of for me -- it's almost like a bit of a vacation!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Just having that many kids and being pregnant would help me sleep lol But I guess I would call him or have him call me before bed so I know everything is ok. Hell be back before you know it =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I take 2 Tylenol extra-strength, put an extra blanket on the bed, and leave the radio playing all night. Sleep like a baby!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Get over it and get some sleep isn't a good enough answer for you?
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I wish I knew this answer as my husband has worked out of town for years home on weekends sometimes depending on how far away he is. The only thing I can tell you is you do eventually get used to it and started to get my own new routine for bed. A nice bath to yourself getting to watch girly movies or something. It is something I wish I wasn't used to but now it is to the point that I can sleep better by myself. Though i should say I do co sleep with my son which is why it is harder for me to get him into his own bed. Gonna be looking for other answers as this was just my way.

Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 4:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• wow marine wife, a little harsh I think. Someone is just looking for some KIND advice, which is what we all get on here for.

As for OP, maybe have a sleep over with the kids and have them sleep in the room with you? (unless thats a big no lol, what I have done is either let the dog sleep in the bed with me, or as someone suggested used an extra blanket and had music playing in the background.)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I sleep with the lights on when he's gone. I never sleep well when he's out of town, and we've been together 8 years. (One of us was always traveling, now it's just him.) Sorry, mama.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Him going out of town is a sudden thing? Are you sure it's legit?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010