vomitting during contraction..

Anyone else experience this? IS there away to get it to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are at the hospital, I would think they would medicate you. If you are home...I can't think of anything. You poor momma! I hope it stops soon!
    Anonymous

• I had that. At least, I vomited with the first couple strong contractions, and after that I vomited any time I tried to eat or drink. Are you vomiting with every contraction?

All I can say is, make sure you're getting plenty of IV liquids. I didn't get an IV until I had been unable to eat or drink for a whole day, and that wasn't good.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you are at home just sip some sprite and eat some ice chips and try to stay hydrated. If you are in the hospital they should give you an anti nausea medication.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Medicating doesn't usually help, its a hormonal surge which causes it, and usually only birth will end it. I experienced this with 2 of my 3 labors. Was horrible. I just tried to stay hydrated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am at home and it sucks. Anything that goes in goes out and it burns. I feel it coming up agin :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I did with my son, it was awful. I had him naturally and that was by far the worst part, trying to calm yourself during the pain of te contraction and trying not to throw up. I feel for you there :(
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• And it kept up until the delivery was over.
    leasure0911