In your observation, do you think it's true that boy pregnancies are usually "all out front" while girl pregnancies are more padded all over?

This was my mom's experience, and with my son, I was definitely all out front. I have 3 pregnant friends right now: the one with a boy is all out front but wasn't with her girl, and the two with girls have definitely padded all over.

What do you think?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 4:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you have a 50/50 chance hahahahahahaha....

I'm betting it's more of a tall tale/myth than anything else. However it's fun to ponder. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My two boys were front, I knew I was having a girl for the third because my rear end looked like I was carrying twins back there!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It was that case for me :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It was for me, my son was a little basketball belly and I lost all my weight quickly, my daughter I got chunky all over and it was harder to lose weight from her pregnancy, gained the same weighed the same and she was my first.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My Baby Boy was all out front, I havent started showing with this one yet.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, not for me, I carried my little girl like a little basketball.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My DS was MUCH higher and my DD lower and more compact but they were both all in front.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I've carried all of mine the same way regardless of gender because I"m very short waisted and there is no room.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• nope, I was 28 weeks when I had my son, but you could barely tell I was pregnant! But, then again I am a bit chubby..lol
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Everyone thought I was having a boy and had a girl. I carried high and up front. So high that i stayed in a size 3 the entire pregnancy and never wore maternaty. Friends of mine that had boys gained tons of weight and were very padded. So Id say that its def an old wives tale
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010