What is wrong with me?

I have 2 children, one almost 3 and a 7 month old. I am now 8 weeks pregnant. ANd i can't get excited. This pregnancy was completely unexpected. I had gotten a divorce 9 months ago, and have a new boyfriend tha i have been with for 5 months. He is getting excited, but i cannot. I feel guilty for having a child from someone other than the father of my first two. Even though my Ex is in jail for domestic violence on numerous accounts. I should be happy but i cannot be. My boyfriend is so great with my kids and me. Im not sure if its because i was in an abusive relationship and i am unsure how to allow myself to be happy or what. :/ Im so lost and confused.

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your hormones are all over the place. Just breath. Things will even out for you.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Aside from hormones you have a ton of stress in your life right now. Id talk to someone. ITs normal that youre feeling this way but it doesnt mean that you have to settle for that.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm eight weeks too :) It's fine if your kids don't have the same dad, you dont love them any less.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you are just overwhelmed. It will all work out. Just try to stay positive!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Dont stress about it- it may just be your prego hormones at the moment. You will most likely feel happy once you see the baby in ultrasound or hear the heartbeat. I am happy that you are out of your previous relationship!! Good thing you have a wonderful new man in your life. Hang in there :)
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• well maybe for the fact that it is all happening too soon.... you have a 7 month old and even thinking about having another i'm sure was not in the plans... as you said... and on top of only being with your bf for only 5 months too is alot to take in... but you'll be just fine just take it day by day and look at the positive about it...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If your current b/f is happy and he does well with ur kids then i see no problem with being happy. The hormones probably is why your not feeling excited but as mentioned above once you see your baby you might get excited or even when you hear teh heartbeat. It will be stressful but as long as he is there to support you and your kids thats all you need.
    tmma_the_witch

Answer by tmma_the_witch at 5:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you need to give yourself some time to deal with all the changes.Dont be so hard on yourself.your new guy sounds great, should understand that you need time and eventually your happiness will shine through.Goodluck!
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Try not to dwell in the past. Your baby deserves a happy mom who loves him/her and wants him/her as much as the others. Look forward, not back. And be thankful the abuser is behind bars.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010