• In the Spotlight:

Problems and Pain....6 months later

I had my daughter 6 months ago, she ripped me from front to back, it took 50 stitches to put me back together. Well I'm still having some terrible pains. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to rip again, and I have been having problems with my period. I'm really concered and I 've gone to 3 dr's but none of them will listen to me. What should I do?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 3:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• Well, I suffer regularly from a disease that no one has taken seriously for YEARS. What I finally decided was to tell the next dr, "Listen, I know my body better than anyone else and when I say I am having a problem, I mean I am having a problem. That in itself means I want you to listen to me and do something about it." If they still do nothing, tell them you are going to find out what is wrong, no matter how many GYN's you have to go through until one takes the time to find an answer. When that happens, and the answer is difinitive, you are going to report him/her to the AMA and if the added time without diagnosis causes more medical problems or expenses, they will also hear from your attorney. GL!!! Get nasty; it's your health- it's your LIFE! It's no fun having one when you suffer...
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 3:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree. You keep telling doctors until someone listens. Don't let anyone tell you that there's nothing wrong if you know in your heart that there is.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008