has your neighbor ever brought you food? have you ever done so for your neighbor?

mine has in the current complex i live in. we are hallway buddies. she lives right across the hallway from me, and we look out for eachother too because the way the units here were built, you have to walk in your porch to get to the front door. they're screened in with a screen door but both of us have had things stolen off of our porch before for leaving it unlocked during the day (not anymore!). anyway she's brought me a slice of cheesecake and a bowl of soup before. and i havent returned the favor yet except for giving her a cup of sugar once when she asked. she's an elderly woman, so i trust that her food isn't poisoned lol. i think it's so nice when neighbors can be friendly to one another with all the hatred going on in this world today!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I plan to make cookies for my neighbors. Never met them but the past couple of times when it has snowed and I or my husband have gone out to shovel the sidewalk it's already done. I finally saw who was responsible, their son I think. (Hard to tell with the coat and hat lol and he was on a four-wheeler with a plow) so to say thank you I'm thinking of baking some Christmas cookies.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That's really nice! We've had our next door over for a few beers and snacks, but I've never actually brought him food.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, indeed. That's nice that you have a neighbor who thinks of you. I sometimes bring two of my close neighbors food, and I have one neighbor who makes it a point to think of me and check in with me every so often.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• our neighbor does everytime she bakes... it's really nice... and we do the same when we do.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my neibor and i do all the time. our daughters are best friends(they are 4) and i have her kids over and she has mine over for dinner all the time. and if im feeding her kids i usually offer her a plate too that way once ina while one of us gets out of cooking for the night...lol.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• In our neighborhood people are wonderful! We will help each other out all the time. Like shoveling snow or just helping if it looks like you might need it. And at christmas time we usually get and give cookies or something. When we first moved in neighbors brought us homemade baked goods. It was nice.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We give cakes or cookies to people who move in....we bring food if someone is sick or during a time of crisis....

And our neighbors reciprocate....one brought food for my dad's 80th birthday.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have another neighbor and she doesn't like to cook so when I make soup or a big meal I wrap it up and bring it to her and her daughter too.
    sue118

• Whever I bake or have lots of left overs I send them next door! They enjoy it and they do the same for us!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, my son's friend's Mom did. His friend came over and said they were going to Walmart and did we need anything and we said no. He said his Mom had a gift card with $1,000 on it! We just looked at eachother in Aw with our jaws on the floor! Very nice boy, he comes over all te time after school and all that. Anyway......our son went with his friend and Mom to Walmart and came back with 6 or 7 bags of food. We are give them something for Christmas!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 5:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010