If you were me...

I just got a necklace from dh... a $125 necklace, that is completely not me! I don't even wear jewelry so I don't know why he decided to surprise me with this thing. I'm so not glitzy and girly. This thing is fancy not plain like me. I love my dh so I told him how beautiful it was so as to not hurt his feelings. What would you have said?

Going anon on this just in case he ever googles my username ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I understand, when me and SO were first together all he would buy me was jewery, and I barely will were ear rings, I never told him I didn't like it because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I wish he would have saved the money and just took me out instead.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• This has happened to me, and he brings it up constantly that I don't wear the jewelry, it never occurs to him that I've never worn jewerly since I've known him. I told him the same thing when he gave it to me, that it was beautiful, and I thanked him very much for it. I don't know what else you could really say. I know my mother would have scolded her husband and said, what the heck, you don't know that I don't wear this stuff?? But I think that just makes someone feel bad when they tried to do something nice.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. Just bring it out if you guys go on a date or if you wear something nice....
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i would say this is so beautiful and but it in my jewlery box... my dh know i don't like wearing jewlery too so he doesn't even bother which i'm happy about but he did get me jewlery box to put my rings he use to get me lol....
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It depends on your relationship. If he know you dont wear jewelry then why did he buy it? Does he really know you? Just ask yourself whats worth it and go from there. He prob saw it and thought of you. If thats the case then wear it for special occasions and let him know thta you appreciate it. If he sees that you dont wear it often then say.." ITs beautiful and I will save it for special occasions..Im not really into jewelry for everyday wear"....Maybe that will help! lol good luck
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I didn't want to make him feel bad so I tried to be all smiley and happy about it. I just don't know when I'd wear that thing.
    Jeans, t shirt, Converse and a 4 layer gold necklace with diamonds. lmao I can't even describe it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Honestly I was quite shcked because we had a short conversation about a week ago in which I mentioned the fact I never wear jewelry, that I didn't even own any. Maybe he thought I was complaining or hinting for some.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010