What are some signs that u are having a ectopic pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The first warning signs of an ectopic pregnancy are often pain or vaginal bleeding. You might feel pain in your pelvis, abdomen, or, in extreme cases, even your shoulder or neck (if blood from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy builds up and irritates certain nerves). Most women describe the pain as sharp and stabbing. It may concentrate on one side of the pelvis and come and go or vary in intensity.

Any of the following additional symptoms can also suggest an ectopic pregnancy:

vaginal spotting
    dizziness or fainting (caused by blood loss)
    low blood pressure (also caused by blood loss)
    lower back pain

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/pregnancy/ectopic.html
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Ectopic Pregnancy: Learn More on Ectopic Symptoms and Treatment
    In this case, it is important to watch for changes in clinical signs, such as worsening pain, ... As mentioned above, after having an ectopic pregnancy, ...
    www.womens-health.co.uk/ectopic.asp - 32k
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• No matter what, if you're worried about the possibility of an ectopic, see your doctor right away! There are many reported cases of ectopic pregnancies with symptoms no worse than a severe stomachache--at first.

An ectopic pregnancy can be deadly, so if you're worried, see your doctor!
    briarraindancer

Answer by briarraindancer at 2:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I had an ectopic pregnancy I actually had normal early pregnancy signs, tender breast, nausea, dizzyness, hungry all the time & fatigue, I took 3 HPT & they cam out negative, I then started spotting & started to get sharp pains on my left side, I went to the hospital & they said I had "nothing"  that its prob the start of my period & sent me home, but my bleeding got heavier & the pains just got worse to the point where I couldnt even sit or stand for a long time I would curl up in my bed in the fetal position, one day I was in such pain I was in bed all day & I got up to us the bathroom, when I sat down a gush of blood just poured out & I freaked out, my mom was over my house (thank god) so she rushed me to another hospital & turned out I was 2 months pregnant & the baby was in my left fallopian tube I had to have emergency surgery & lost my left tube, Hope this helps!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010