do you think

that this is just a backlash administration?

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 3:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• duh.
    Anonymous

• wow.. you don't need to be rude
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• No I think people really are ready for change.
    Anonymous

• Yes and no. I think it was going liberal/democrat no matter what because of the hell we've been through- and I can say that about this admin; I'm a registered Republican who USED to support them. BUT the fact the Obama is the guy he is and has the ideas he has and the willingness to stand WITH us, not behind or in front of us, is the only thing that saved the 44th president from being just a backlash electorate. Otherwise, I would have whole-heartedly agreed. It's just a huge relief that he is actually someone people WANTED to vote for, not just "someone other Bush!"
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 4:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• everytime there is a regime change it's a backlash. why do you think we keep going back and forth? we spend 8 years getting pissed off about X, so we switch and spend 8 years getting pissed off about Y.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Everyone was ready to vote for someone, ANYONE besides Bush, but when the Republicans put up John McCain, even the hard-core, loyal, life-long Republicans just shuddered and looked to see what Obama had to say, liked his message and voted for him. So in that way, yes it was a backlash, but his message is good, lets see if he delivers, now.
    Anonymous