How did you feel the day you went into labor?

tmma_the_witch

Asked by tmma_the_witch at 4:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Emotionally or physically?

Emotionally: Very sober but looking forward to it.
    Physically: A bit nauseated, but otherwise pretty good.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• With DS I was fine but I got a MASSIVE head ache about 12 hours before my first contraction. As soon as the contractions started the head ache went away. With DD I didn't really notice anything. I was excited to be going in for my c-sec the next day! by about 12 pm I was starting contractions. They were about 10 min apart when I went in for my c the next day. I guess she got to pick her day after all! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i had been in the hospital for over a week bc my kidneys were in such bad shape and i needed surgery on them. i felt like i wanted to die, but then when i went into labor and he came out i felt like a new person. i was happier and in better health. but my mind wasn't quite right for a few days. sleeping was hard and i could hardly sit idle for more than a couple of minutes, when i finally went home i was much better.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I had to be induced.

Emotionally: I went in that morning and when they gave me the stuff, and I realized that it was actually happening!
    Physically: Tired, I was up all night excited about being induced and being about to meet my baby.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 5:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thanks for your responses. Im currently passed due and just trying to find out how different people felt on the day that they went into labor. Like if there were any signs that showed that they might go into labor that day.
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• To me it felt like any other day. The night before, I had bad back pain that did not go away unless dh was rubbing a tennis ball down my back but as soon as the ball moved to a new spot the original spot was right back to the same pain level.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Oh, also it is common to have loose BMs a day or two before you go into labor.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• There was no difference really in how I felt, until I started contracting. I was 7 days late and 9 days late with my kids. With my first, I went through the day without knowing at all that I was going to be having a baby, went into labor that evening. With my second I was woken up from contractions at like 5 in the morning, so I knew it was going to happen that day.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My water broke and I knew that was "it". I was elated but a little scared too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• so far im 4 days late so i know it can last longer i just want to really see my baby and hoping i get contractions today. So far i have gotten a few but i dont know if they are braxton hicks or the real thing. They arent very strong
    tmma_the_witch

Comment by tmma_the_witch (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010