Obama and your financial situation

How do you think Obama will be able to help your financial situation improve? How long do you think it will take for you situation to improve?

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 3:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think that the road to recovery for this whole country will be long. There are too many things that need fixing for us to see any real results for probably years. Maybe even after Obama's term has ended.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I dont expect Obama to improve my situtation. I rely on myself---if I had to rely on a president to do this I would have been sunk a long time ago.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 4:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Obama i'm sure will make things better for everyone whos not rich. I'm sick of bush and how he only improved the living for the rich and didnt care about the rest of us. So THANK GOD we have obama. I know its going to be years but maybe we can get out of debt within the next 6 years.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 4:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I always laugh when I hear people talking about how a certain President will make our lives and financial situations better. My financial situation has improved with every President but none of them get credit for making that happen, I DO. I'm in charge of myself and my situation and will not rely on government to take care of me.
    Anonymous

• "Youngarmywife"
    I am interested in how you think he will makes things better for you. Our national debt is currently 10 trilion. According to Wikipedia. "The national debt equates to $30,400 per person U.S. population, or $60,100 per head of the U.S. working population, as of February 2008."
    With Obama's "socialist programs" we will incur further debt at 360 million per year while he is in office.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I sure don't think McCain was the answer, and I am still up in the air with Obama, but you folks all have sense enough to know that all decisions must pass through the house and senate right? He really doesn't make up a law and then "it is so". There is a check and balance system. In other words, we could have voted Mickey frigging mouse in, and the country would still be here.
    Anonymous

• Anon :12: I might believe there was a balance between the president and congress, if all 3 weren't being ruled by Democrats.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 6:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008