Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Son's Privates adult content

My son is 19 months and I have notices that his penis seems to be over more to one side and I only see one testicle. It has only been like this for about a month. Until then, everything was normal there. I thought that it was just a growth/changing period he was going through, but after a month and his privates aren't looking normal, I am starting to worry. should I be or is this normal for boys?

Answer Question

Asked by Bugbait at 5:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 20 (8,332 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I would call the doctor. You should be able to see/feel both testicles. Sometimes penises are just different though, so that may be normal.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

  • Alot of guys have penises that curve to one side
    Testes can freely move into the abdomen when boys are small

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

  • Wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. Does the visible testicle look bigger? Could be a hydrocele, which is a collection of fluid that makes it swell but is basically harmless. Good luck!

    Answer by Adelicious at 5:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

  • Ask his doctor.

    Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

  • It's probably normal, but I would ask the doctor.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

  • I would have the dr check it out if you are that concerned.

    Answer by KTMOM at 7:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • I would have the doctor check it out. Nothing like that happened with my son.

    Answer by Pnukey at 11:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • I'd check with the Dr

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

  • I took him to the ped. who refered him to an urologist. It ended up that he had a hernia and he had to have an operation to correct it. It was last Wed. It was outpatient. He is doing great.

    Comment by Bugbait (original poster) at 6:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I was reading through and was going to suggest a doctor b/c it sounded like my son who had a hernia. I almost replied w/o reading your responce.

    So glad it worked out. Always just go with your gut, if it doesn't look right then ask his doc, your gut is almost always right about your kids.

    Answer by Noahs_Mom2005 at 5:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.