Do you pray to God but don't know what to say most of the time?

Like what is really going on, but not sure how or what to say? It is hard to see the other side of the equation if we aren't asking and patiently waiting. Sometimes it seems that God is listening but we aren't willing to wait. This time of year does this to me... not because of anything specific but it happens every year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I go through times like that. During those times I just sometimes have to be silent with God, or just tell Him every time, "Here I am, I want to be yours but I just don't always know how to be what I'm supposed to be, so do the work in me that needs to be done."
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• iTS HARD TO PRAY SOMETIMES B/C I FEEL IM ALWAYS ASKING FOR HELP
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 5:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes sometimes I do, but then I find a way to say it god knows what you mean
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes i always pray to God before i go to bed just pray for what you really need prayer for like if something is going on and if your struggling you can always turn to god and he will help you with whatever your going through cus he is listening but it will take a while for him to answer your prayer no what matter how long it takes .. just have patiance :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No you can always pray soley to give thanks :) The Lord's prayer is a good prayer given to us by Jesus.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Honestly, no. I pray all the time. I have a constant ongoing conversation with my Higher Powers throughout my day and my life. If I don't have reason to pray or something to say, I simply don't...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• When I don't know what to say I just Praise Him.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I alwys pray but i pray fast. I didnot even know what i have said sometime, but i blame my self alot.
    tahanybahari

Answer by tahanybahari at 5:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am reading more this time of year usually and so it gives me some more to think of. (the bible) It is interesting to see all these answers just come up so suddenly and that is kind of what I mean about God's love, he is near if we just have an expectation. That is fun to know and reassuring too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• If you know God as a friend... then talk to Him as such... come to Him with your whole heart. He will not condemn or tear you down. He is a loving Father that longs for you to come to Him and share your heart. Sure He knows everything but the key is building a relationship with Him. I come to Him often. Here is something you can try.... Ask Him what He thinks of you! You will be pleasantly surprised in what He does say. If you get anything other than positive then the voice you are hearing is not His. He will not give death giving words but life giving ones! Give it a shot ! Also you can ask Him about a situation by saying Lord, Daddy, Abba, Papa ( whichever you are comfy saying) What are YOU going to do about this situation? Then wait and hear what He as to say! Again it will be a positive encouraging righteous response! :-) Have fun! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010