Has anyone else purchased a sleep number bed and can't get rid of the terrible, headache causing smell?

My husband and I purchased the i10 sleep number bed. The comfort level is great but we can't get rid of this terrible smell of chemicals. The smell has permiated everything in our room and the whole second floor of our home. My children and I have been experienceing headaches that we believe are due to this odor. Does anyone have suggestions? We've contacted costumer support and they suggest trying to pop all thea air pockets in the memory faom, ariing out the bed, ( it's 20 degrees outside and I have done this.) They evn suggest febreeze, dryer sheets, and coffee beans. I shouldn't have to do tany of this after spending almost $7000 on this bed.

jaydrea1

Asked by jaydrea1 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Health

• no, it gives u headache
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes my husband and I bought one and at first the smell bothered me a lot but now it has gone away. I only have it a couple of months now. I like it so much better now!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I guess they are like a huge bed of bubble wrap. I've slept on the other tempurpedic and had a back ache for weeks due to the foam and it's toxicity. It was cushy and supportive but it also never allowed my body to breathe. That 's what seems to happen with those plastic beds. (or foam types)
    I'd return it in the box it came in and get a full refund unless you are covered with a warranty so far. Then just don't keep it and don't owe a thing.
    Anonymous

• Wasn't their a 30 or 60 day trial period?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• $7000.OO for a bed.. Oh my... If you don't adjust to it, I would send it back : (
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I bought a foam topper for my bed and the smell was horrendous...we had to take it off and allow it to air out for almost a week...we flipped it each day. If I were you I would return that bed since it's causing headaches.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'd return it and demand a refund. Then, I'd purchase a different bed with similar qualities as the sleep number.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010