Did I do the right thing?

A friend of mine was supposed to pick me up from the airport. Long story short, she started acting like she didn't want to do it so i told my DH (who's deployed) she seemed hesitant and could he ask the guys he works with. He posts on FB "can anyone pick up my wife who's RELIABLE"..... 15 minutes later i'm getting texts from my friend who is supposed to pick me up and my other friend. The other friend is basically attacking me via texts as if it had anything to do with her.
The comment had no hidden meaning and I felt like if the other friend hadn't butt in I would have been a little more understand and sympathetic. I felt like they were talking behind my back and demanding that I apologize and explain what i said to my DH.
Fast forward to today (4 days since i've been home) the other friend is saying that I owe my friend an apology and that she's really hurt and i'm being immature and childish. I pretty much told them both that i'm tired of being in trial for everything i do and say and that i'm done being chastised for my husbands actions and always having to apologize b/c they're nit picking at petty things and it's just high school

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly? I'd probably roll my eyes, tell both girls to chill out we're out of high school now, and move on and make new friends. Soooo freaking what if your husband wrote that?!?! If your one friend who was supposed to pick you up was any kind of mature adult she would have called you calmly and asked you what's up. You don't need THAT kind of craziness in your life! KWIM?
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Screw them, your husband was just trying to help you out.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Posting stuff like that on facebook is never a good idea. I don't think you did anything wrong but your hubby could have been a little less obvious.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• For all they know, you and your DH never even discussed it. He could have been trying to make arrangments for HIS WIFE and he wanted whoever it was to be reliable! I think maybe these 2 are better moved to the acquaintance list vs friends. They probably were talking about you, but so what?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You said, "she started acting like she didn't want to do it ." Did she say she wasn't going to do it? Did you ASK her if she was still willing to do it? Implying that she is unreliable when she never said she wasn't going to pick you up is presumptuous and unfair to your friend. Maybe she wasn't psyched about driving out to the airport, but if she was going to do it, then she IS reliable. I'd be pissed too if I was her. Her friend on the other hand, needs to stay out of it and mind her own business. Your husband shouldn't have gone there, but he was only going on what YOU told him. You and your friend should talk it out without the other friend's influence. Seems like a misunderstanding and silly thing to lose a friend over. Good luck.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think that you should apologize, it doesnt sound to me that she was unwilling to go pick you up, just that she was hesitant, but that she was still going to do it. I think what your husband wrote was rude, of course what he wrote was not your fault, but sounds like he was going off of what you said. So just talk to her, apologize and say taht your husband must have gotten the idea that she wasnt going to do it, when you were just looking for an allternative so that she would be off the hook. I dont think that she is overreacting that much, it probably hurt her that he said that. I agree with another poster, I dont think it would be worth loosing a friendship over something like this.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• why should you feel bad for trying to get a way home. She had a attitude and took another way home. Fu*k her.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 5:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• one of the girls is really manipulative and we had a falling out before so that's why i wasn't jumping at apologizing. I have been friends with her for a few years and it's always about "all the things she's done for me" and i did this to hurt her feelings and i'm always walking on eggshells and it's funny because she's the only person I know who is always getting mad at me.
    My DH and I have been married for 3 yrs in January and it's taken me a long time to realize that he is the one person who is always going to be there and I feel like if both friends can't understand why i'm "siding" with him then they're not really that good of friends
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Why didn't you just ask her if she wanted you to find someone else to do it instead of assuming and starting all this mess? You created this situation by what I'm hearing.
    Anonymous

• I can say that without my DH's comment it wouldn't have been a big deal. And that's the thing is that I don't want to make him be the bad guy b/c HE said i needed a reliable ride. All i was trying to do was find someone who could pick me up since she seemed hesitant. I didn't want to force her hand and be like "well you said you'd come so too bad if its a blizzard" you know?
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010