how long does the child support process take?

I live in pennsylvania, and my babys father is sadly, a piece of GARBAGE who is refusing to pay any money. I finally just got his social and am going to take it to family court asap.
Does anybody know how long it's gonna take for them to get money from him?
Like he just blocked my number so I can't call to ask for money anymore..
it's a bit rediculous .

I need him to be screwed, HARD. so hopefully they wont take months to get money from him..

xohcannizzo

Asked by xohcannizzo at 5:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• well make sure you have all your information and all his information like his job ect. then it should be pretty quickly unless they keep rescheduling. i waited awhile because he was in a different state and i didn;t know his social so it was a bit longer but it should be pretty quickly. if he denies he is the father then he is going to have to take a paternity test. other wise you don;t have to do anything. i am in pa too so they are pretty good about it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• when I filed several years ago....I got paid back to the date I filed and it only took about a month for the court date and then two weeks later the money was being garnished from his paychecks.... but if he decides to not provide the proper paperwork right away he could delay it, or if he changes jobs....but if all goes perfectly it shouldnt take long but I wouldnt hold my breath for that. :( GL Oh and I'm in jersey.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Depends on the state. And if he lives in the same state. I filed in March 07 and he keeps evading and I havent gotten 1 penny.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yes, it depends on the state. I filed in August. Divorce was final in October. He owes two years of back support from the date we separated and to date I've received nothing. The courts here do not automatically garnish wages. And that wouldn't matter anyways because he doesn't have a job.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 7:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Depends on how many other cases are going to court at the same time as your are. Mine took about 4 months. My son was born in July and I started recieving money in October. That was 14 years ago, so it may be longer. In my state, it seems to take about 6 months, give or take.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It took over 3months for me but that was 11 years ago and i live in Pa. Maybe things have changed since then.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010