Bad sleep walking in my 8 year old

Okay I know its kinda normal to sleep walk. But my 8 year old seems to have very dramatic sleep walking episodes. We find him walking around breathing heavily and mumbling stuff that doesnt make since. And his heart feels like it's about to jump out of his chest. But the next day he has no recollection of what happend. I'm concerned about things he says. And why this keeps happening? Has anyone ever experienced this? Are any recomindations?

MarissaDavis29

Asked by MarissaDavis29 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've not been through this situation. But, I'd suggest talking to your pediatrician or family doctor about it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Talk to his doctor and schedule a sleep study....that can become dangerous just for safety sake of him falling down the steps or hurting himself. Sleep walking isn't really that common and indicative of other things. PLUS if he is sleep walking, he isn't getting proper sleep to be able to function well in school and during the day regardless of whether or not he remembers what he did in his sleep or not. he needs to be evaluated asap
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I did some sleep walking when little but NOT to this level I don't think. I would talk to the ped. and maybe do a sleep study... it does happen to some people but it can be a safety hazard and hes prob. not getting enought rest.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010