breakfast and lunch suggestions needed

We have family coming in town dec 26 - jan 2 and I am currently in the process of making up my meal plan. I need help with lunch suggestions (breakfast suggestions welcome too).

I will be serving 10 at each meal. All with adult pallets (no little kids), so please no chicken nugget or mac'n'cheese type suggestions please.

Thank you in advance for your help.

sahlady

Asked by sahlady at 6:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We always did cold cuts, cheeses, and yummy rolls for visting relatives at lunch time. You could also make a big pot of chili ahead and freeze to heat up for lunch.

For breakfast there are a couple of things that can be made/prepared the night before. One is French toast. Mix up the eggs and milk and put bread in the mixture overnight in frig in a 13x 9 pan. For 10 people you could have 2 pans in the frig. Then cook in AM. The French toast comes out "custardy'........yum. Also prepare makings for a baked egg casserole (many online) and then just add eggs in AM and bake. Have fun!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Hot otmeal and n banana... lunch: apple and PB & soup all simple
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pulled pork sandwiches, veggie tray, cole slaw, and chips
    Make your own sub sandwiches, potato salad
    Chili, cheese, Frito chips, onions and corn bread
    Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• breakfast: you can have biscuits and gravy, or eggs, fried potatoes, bacon. and toast,
    lunch: Hot ham and cheese sandwich with a bowl of soup.
    pizza and salad
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I guess I was thinking of a nice lunch I could set out... not really thinking of sandwiches. I think that might work for one of the days. But was hoping for an actual sit down kind of lunch.... not really a grab and go.
    sahlady

Comment by sahlady (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Breakfast----skillet. Hashbrowns, onions, garlic, green peppers, ham or sausage crumbles, shredded cheese and eggs.

Lunch--Chili, mac and cheese that is adultified, pasta of some kind, sloppy joes, stew, chicken salad with croissants, pasta salad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Asparagus & Swiss Quiche
    1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
    ¾ lb. bacon (about 8-10 strips)
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
    1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup half-and-half cream
    Preheat oven to 400. Pre-bake pie crust for 5 minutes. Cook bacon until crisp( I like to cook bacon on a foil or parchment paper lined sheet pan in 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, it cooks more evenly crisp, with less bother). Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings. Pour 1 Tablespoon drippings into large skillet. Sauté onion until golden; drain.
    Cut eight asparagus spears into 4-in.-long spears for garnish. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-in. pieces. In a saucepan, cook all of the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• continued:
    In a bowl, toss the bacon, onion, asparagus pieces, cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry shell. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream; pour over bacon mixture. Top with asparagus spears. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
    SweetLuci

• Crockpot Taco Soup
    2 cans kidney beans
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans corn
    1 large can diced tomatoes
    taco seasoning
    1 packet ranch dressing
    1lbs. gound beef
    shredded cheese
    sour cream
    •1.) Add browned and drained hamburger to Crockpot
    •2.) sprinkle seasoning packets over meat
    •3.) drain and rinse beans and to Crockpot along with undrained corn and tomatoes
    •4.) cover, cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours
    •5.) garnish with cheese and sour cream
    I add broken up tortilla chips to it and its great.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• THANK YOU Luci!

I think I may use that!!
    sahlady

Comment by sahlady (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010