Backpeddling Obama? And all you libs swallowed it.

President Obama spoke of the need for sacrifice last week when he announced a two-year pay freeze for federal employees.

But feds won't be too terribly deprived in 2011 and 2012. Despite the freeze, some 1.1 million employees will receive more than $2.5 billion in raises during that period.

Congress is expected to approve Obama's proposal, which cancels only cost-of-living adjustments for two years. Regularly scheduled step increases for the 1.4 million General Schedule employees — who make up two-thirds of the civilian work force — will continue. The size of those increases ranges from 2.6 percent to 3.3 percent and by law kick in every one, two or three years, depending on an employee's time in grade.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20101206/BENEFITS01/12060301/1001

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I really think the whole lot of them should get that thing done that splits their tongue into a fork.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I have said it before,and I'll say it again. That man could hold a press conference, say "yes, I'm the Anti-Christ, get 666 on your forehead,and renounce God or suffer the consequences", and the msm and his handlers and minions would STILL say "oh, he's misunderstood", and "so, Bill Mahr, have you got your 666 yet?" "Yup, Michael Moore, remember, we were in the same line."
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Pay Freeze?
    They need to start LAYOFFS
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• sleep

Anonymous

• Just another of Obamas homespun lies
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Give me a freak'n break, republican billionaires, just got tax cuts for the next two years! That's a disgrace!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• "all you Libs". Assume much? I didn't swallow squat.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

I guess I should have specified progressives.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well f@ck. The military will only get a 1.something pay raise next year. And are then now NOT included in this pay freeze? They used to get much better pay raises, more then double this.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I swallowed but it wasn't liberal bull.lol
    Anonymous