I get so frustrated because I stay home with two kids while my bf works. He always hold it over my head and I feel like I have no one to talk to. He makes my job sound so easy and doesnt give me any help. Any advice?

mamaof2angel811

Asked by mamaof2angel811 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Make a deal with him. Have him stay home with the kids for about three days with no help whatsoever. Or maybe tell him how much daycare costs, and show him how much it'll cost to pay for full time daycare for two kids and gas, etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Men do this. Not all but many. Really the best way is to leave his butt with the kids for a long weekend so he can appreciate the work you do. That or get a job, let him pay for daycare so he can quit his complaining.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Tru.. Just wish that he would atleast acklnowlede or even better appreciate the things that I do.
    mamaof2angel811

Comment by mamaof2angel811 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You tell him your job is 24/7 and a very important one. You are taking care of his children and teaching them right from wrong. He should stay home and do your job for a week.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• At a minimum, you could write down everything you do in a week and show it to him.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• He sounds like a jerk.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• trade him for a day...
    say ok on your day off, you can stay home with the kids and i will leave a list of everything that i do. and you can then tell me how "easy" it is.
    i would simply say, i work really hard to take care of this home and my family, i dont like feeling like i dont pitch in around here and i would like some respect. its not an easy job but its a job that i love.
    DelaneyD

Answer by DelaneyD at 9:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Go on strike and see how he likes it.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thank u ladies. U definately made me feel better. I know there are others out there in the same boat as me. But it just hurts so much to feel unappreciated and then when he says he doesnt wanna come home from work bacause he has to deal with me.. that hurts the most. He says all I do is nag nag nag.. but really all I want sometimes is for a lil help from him maybe a bath here and there maybe a few washing of the dishes or taking out the trash... something.
    mamaof2angel811

Comment by mamaof2angel811 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe go back to school part time or work part time you could have your own money and he could see how hard it is to home with the kids even part time good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 8:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010