How do you feel about the arts?

Do you feel strongly about teaching music, or going to plays, or reading plays, or do you think that stuff is useless?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is very important
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I believe they all play an essential role in a child's development

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am an artist, so I obviously am an art supporter. :D

Our family attends art exhibits and performances regularly. I think it is totally important part of the enjoyment of life. How sad would life be without art D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i guess i feel very strongly about the arts. My dad is an excellent flamenco guitarist, my mom teaches piano now that she is retired (she's played classical her whole life), my brother is a professional painter. He is actually a successful artist. He lucked out with his talent. AND, my sister writes music. I play piano, clarinet, doumbek & banjo. DH is a singer/song writer as well and DD is an amazing artist. She is only 8 & draws whole animation movies.

I'd say YES....we're pretty big on the arts!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am a STRONG supporter of the arts. It improves visual coordination, math skills, creativity, self confidence,problem solving, team work, independent working skills...and more...respectively of course. It is so sad my son only gets art and music every 10 school days!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I love the performing arts. Used to go yearly to a big production. It is fabulous to have exposure to all the arts.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We love art! We go to many little theater performances, my kids are active in the community theater and in different musical groups. We are also big into visual art and do a lot painting, sculpting, etc.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I LOVE the arts and know for a fact that it's good therapy too.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My parents exposed the 3 of us to the arts, and I am thankful. My 5 children have also been exposed and love it. One plays in a band. One plays the violin. One has Starry Night poster in his bedroom. Our museum has a free family art center every Sunday where we can go to make art together, and my little ones love it. I think an appreciation for history, music, architecture, and art is very important for a well rounded kid.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2010