due christmas day but im having doubts lol

last week i went to the doctors my cervix was starting to soften but thats it... today i went in she felt my cervix and she said she could feel his head, i was 50 to 70% thinned out and i was 2 cen. dialated.. this is my second child im 37 weeks and 2 days, due christmas.. do you think i have any chance of making it to my due date? i perfer having him before christmas so im hoping i have him a lil early

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hard to say but I will wish you luck!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• that would be awesome to be born on christmas but it sounds to me like he is gonna come early
    Mama07Shorty

Answer by Mama07Shorty at 7:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Of course you have a chance. I have a friend that walked around at 5cm 75% for 3 weeks before she went into labor. I have heard in second pregnancies especially that dilation doesnt have much to do with anything. I was dilated for 3 weeks before i was induced. The day i was induced i was at 3cm and 75% and nothing happened on its own. I would tell your kiddo to stay in there!! A christmas kiddo would be sweet!! :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It all sounds so exciting though to have a baby around a major holiday. Congrats in advance.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Icky. I went to doc at 36w and was dialated to 2. No one told me it meant nothing. But come 38w my son made his way out on his own! Hopefully yours does the same. id want baby to come before xmas.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Only the baby knows when and he's not telling
    :)
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• lol well his head is wedged pretty deep in there and its killing me
    want2bamommy780

Comment by want2bamommy780 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• lucky, lol. i was due thursday and my cervix hasny softened yet. I will find out tomorrow if it has since im now bout to be 41 wks.
    it seems like your baby might come earlier but you never know. The baby might just wait since it is possible to be dilated for a while.
    tmma_the_witch

Answer by tmma_the_witch at 7:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well I'm 41 weeks and 2 days pregnant & I've been dialated to 2cm & 50% thinned out since 37 weeks, but you never know, I get induced on Wednesday...good luck!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sex and walking! I am 4cm and thinned out and he hasn't budge much
    Anonymous