Three of my teenage daughters were pregnant....

does that make me a bad mom?? I asked this question because I am a single mother of 5 girls. I asked this because you wouldn't believe the judgmental moms who think that you should have done more to control your daughters. I'm sorry but if they have been taught about the birds and the bees and you have shown them everything there is to know about this and they still get pregnant then the consequence is on them. I hate parents who aren't in this situation try to tell you what you should or shouldn't have did? What is your opinion??

I also need to add that being a single working mom, they also knew about birth control and had them. I also need to add that they are now adults. I taught my daughters about sex when they were old enough to understand which for me was 7. They had to know about this and about not letting anybody touch them in the wrong spot!!!

jenna355

Asked by jenna355 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Seems like you should start educating your daughters early about birth control.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 7:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I believe no matter what you say or do, your daughter is going to do what she wants. Not trying to be spiteful or rebelious just trying to be an adult and make decisions for herself. All you can do is try to guide. It is up to her to follow your direction. BTW I was a 16 yo mom. And my Mom was by no means a bad Mom. I was just a hard headed teen.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Honestly? My first thought would be 'wow, what else is going on here' I can't help but wonder if something has been left out. 3 pregnant daughters? What are they lacking that they felt the need to get pregnant? You can't tell me it was accidental for all three. After all you taught them how babies are made...
    Anonymous

• I don't think you're a bad mother. It just can be really difficult to be pregnant and a teenager though. I think a pregnant teenager has to have a real support parent since some teenage boys seem to stray when they learn that they've played a part in getting a teenage girl pregnant.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Having been a teenage parent, I can't place blame on my parents, or on the parents of any other teenager who became pregnant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• At the end of the day, they are teenagers. Regardless of what you teach them, a lot of them think that it could never happen to them, they believe they are invincible. It doesn't make you a bad mom. Anyone who would judge you isn't a friend, and have absolutely no business doing so. Hugs to you, I'm sure you did what you were "supposed" to do, this happens - a lot.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The Mom always gets the blame, and some of it may be deserved, but my question would be where is the father? A lot of girls end up with men (or boys) who treat them like sex objects because they have bad relationships with their fathers and don't know how a good man treats a woman. They want a man to love them and they do a lot of stupid things in that pursuit, like getting pressured into sex, and sex without birth control or condoms. It's very sad. Maybe you should ask your daughters what they think you could have done differently as their mother to prevent their pregnancies. Maybe they will say nothing, or maybe they will something helpful for you to know aboyut. I certainly committed some behaviour in my teen years that could have gotten me into some troubles, and it was only a matter of pure luck that nothing happened.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I just don't know. You can't watch them 24/7 for sure especially if they are over 16 and driving....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• not a bad mom,a failed one. One is a mistake,3 is ridiculous. Why didn't you take measures with the other 2 after the 1st got pregnant? Are you going to allow the other 2 to get pregnant as well,or will you finally learn to get them on the pill?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• At the same time? were!? Huh??
    Anonymous