Deal is done....

Included is a reduction in our SS taxes. Why would they cut taxes there when SS is in such bad shape as it is? Is this logical to you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, what of it IS logical? What decisions made concerning the economy, how to fix this fiasco of a deficit IS logical?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Did they cut employer portions of ss?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• It is only for 2 years, just in time for the 2012 election and all this drama again. Bush wanted his tax cuts to be permanent, but the dems wouldn't hear of it. We will fighting this fight for a long time.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I just saw a report on our local news just a few minutes ago that contrary to what Obama says higher ranking Dems in Congress have not agreed to anything yet. So who knows what is going to happen.

Anonymous

• Most politicians dont make sense to me! Another thing I dont understand is how the GOP is getting away with holding the middle class hostage by being insistant about continuing the Bush tax cuts for those earning over $250,000 (it was discussed that they would even raise the limit to $1 million- no tax cuts for millionaires) in order for them to agree to extending the unemployment benefits. These so-called businesses that will benefit from the continued tax cuts are hoarding their money- they aren't hiring the unemployed! (At least not here in the U.S.) This behavior by the people who are supposed to be representing "the people" is disgraceful!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Obama and Dems have actually been holding us all hostage mrsmom.
    Anonymous

• I can't stand when they mess with the SS deductions. i work in payroll and it totally screws up the system.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well, it does have to be voted on but the deal they will vote on is done
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The GOP has the majority vote and the GOP got their way because of it. AMERICA voted them in control. NONE of this surprises me at all. I knew all tax cuts would make it and I knew UE would make it. Congress is done playing games for now I guess.
    Anonymous

• The GOP has the majority vote......

Not until Jan when the new Congress is sworn in. You do understand that the Congressmen-elect aren't actually working yet don't you. This is "lame duch Congrees" crap.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2010