If the purpose of church is NOT to indoctrinate, what IS the purpose?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 7:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Celebration and fellowship......
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• To generate revenue and create political sway...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• IMO if it was fellowship they would be leaving the poor countries alone instead of trying to bring the word of Jesus to the 'heathens". They've done just fine with their own religion for thousands of years before the bible thumpers showed up.
    My BFF's sis in law is a missionary. They hand out food to those ONLY who are willing to come in and sit through a bible reading. She feels this is a right thing to do.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• "They hand out food to those ONLY who are willng to come in and sit through a bible reading. She feels this is a right thing to do. "

Thats despicable.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The chance to worship God with my brothers and sisters in Christ, to lift up and edify one another, to learn of God with fellow believers. Hm...nope, no indoctrination here, sorry.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• To disciple, teach, and have worship and fellowship.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

What a beautiful answer. I agree.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• They hand out food to those ONLY who are willing to come in and sit through a bible reading. She feels this is a right thing to do.

You mean they leave their doors open lovingly and welcome those who want to attend? lol Tomato.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I can't believe you would even try to justify that 2tiny. Thats just disgusting.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• "You mean they leave their doors open lovingly and welcome those who want to attend? lol Tomato. "

If ever I was turned off to christianity...THIS just was the icing on the cake. I am just.....nevermind.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010