Do you really care about Christmas gifts?

Seriously do you want stuff?
Then the next part.
Do your kids get a gazillion things for Christmas? Is this really necessary?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't care about getting them. I do enjoy giving them.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I do like to get stuff, but honestly, I'd rather get gift cards so I can buy exactly what I want - but if I don't get anything? Meh, oh well! I like to shop for others, and give gifts. My kids don't get a crap ton of gifts - both of our families draw names, so they get their one gift from that from both sides (unless the buyer gets 2 or 3 things for the pre-set price limit), plus 1 or 2 things from grandparents. They get a few smaller things from us, but this year it's more family gifts, stuff that will be kept in certain spots and used under supervision (Wii games, DVDs, art stuff, and the like), so not much that'll just get strewn around the house. All of our families realize that a bunch of crap is not appreciated - and I'll only give a couple of ideas per kid, so that helps too!
    Anonymous

• I dont care about gifts, but for my kids i do.Not alot but just a few things they like that they would not get all year.I do teach them that gifts are not everything.
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nope, we do not do gifts for Christmas. The world has commercialized it so bad it makes me sick. We celebrate family, have great food , great conversations, play games and enjoy our time together.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I dont care about myself i just want my kids to have something under the tree, I am happy doing for others:))&& My kids i love seeing them smile:)
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I honestly enjoy getting Christmas gifts, for my parents get me nice stuff. It's the ONE time of year I get really nice stuff for I cannot afford too much extra for ME. MORE IMP- I love giving to my kids. It's one of 2 times a year I get to spoil them, and allow the family to spoil them too. The other time is birthdays.

of course I love giving to my parents and siblings, and dh as well. I deal shop and budget, but to get gifts for others is fun.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, I rarely want anything and if I do I buy it myself during the year. They used to but they are in college now and Christmas is low key
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't really care about gifts as long as I can be with my family. I can buy anything I want. I do like giving gifts though. By daughter only gets a gazillion things becuase she has no one else to buy for her except us.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't really care about it, but it would be nice to get something small (like a handmade card, a letter, something home made, etc.). As far as my daughter goes, we get her a couple of small things for birthdays and Christmas, but we don't go overboard at all. We usually spend less than $40 (including any new clothes). We're not very materialistic.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2010