I need help!!

Is there anyway I can get parental rights terminated from the birth father of my daughter? He hasn't seen her in 6 months and has told me he doesn't plan to. He has a new 16 year old girlfriend (he's 22) who throws fits like a third grader (I've seen it) when I try to drop my daughter off for the weekend. I can't stand it anymore and I'd much rather have him out of the picture totally than to confuse her everytime he decides to be "parent of the year" with her Christmas and birthday presents the year afterward!! Help me please :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've been there before when my 22 year old hubby was dating a highschool brat & choosing her over our kids, unfortunately the only way to get his rights terminated is to either have him sign them away or take him to court for a lengthy battle GL
    Anonymous

• court is about the only option for you to permanently get him taken out of the picture.
    start documenting everything, when he sees the kids, when he says he doesnt want them...write it ALLLL down,
    good luck!
    DelaneyD

Answer by DelaneyD at 9:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010