so my ob sent me for a urine test at labcare cause i called and said i might have a uti

i am 5 weeks pregnant by the way. when I asked how long it takes to get the results the lady told me depends on what he is testing for she said around 48-72 hours. Which my ob is closed on wednesday so i wont know until thursday. is that ok to wait that long? I didn't get no antibiotics yet. I just every once in a while feel the urge to go but don't have to and every once in a while i get a pain in my private

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Until you hear back from your doctor, drink plenty of cranberry juice to help flush you out.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• you need to get it treated ASAP do not wait and you will know if you go to the doctor if you have a uti in like 5 min no joke i had a uti and i found out like 5-10 min after i gave them a urin sample but get it taken care of right away and it can be cured in 3 days so dont worry but a uti can sometimes cause a yeast infection afterwords so your doctor should give you a pill to treat it also along with the uti meds. Thats all what my doctor did it was treated in 4 days so get it taken care of and congrats on the baby
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That's bs that it takes that long - whenever I've beed tested for one I know within a very short amount of time - usually before I leave the office! I really feel for you, cuz didn't you post about this already last week?
    Anonymous

• yes i did. i didn't go to his office he just went ahead and sent me to labcare
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i say if you told your doctor a week ago you may have a uti and you knew u were preg and they did and they didnt get you in then and you called agin this week to tell them again you need a diff doctor because if what i said was what happened they were wrong and they knew it but idk if they knew a week ago and all the info add me lets talk if you want to
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i had a uti that i think didn't fully go away but i went to a family doctor for that one this time i called my ob since i am pregnant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• hmmm okay well get it taken care of asap gotta keep that baby happy and healthy
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• good luck...talk care of yourself
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 2:57 AM on Dec. 7, 2010