should he still be there for her?

ok so my bff, 6 months pregnant but her and the baby's father aren't together he said he"ll be there for the baby when she gets here and he goes to all my bffs doctors appointments but there not cool at all they don't even speak to each other and her car is broke down so this morning she had to walk 4 blocks by her self in this hot ass weather just to get her something to eat and then she had to walk to pick up her son(who"s father is dead)from school i know this isn't my business and i don't really like to bring this up to my friend because she already has enough stress and i do the best i could to help her but im also pregnant and i have to kids and a job but my question is do you think he should be there for her as far as calling her to see how shes doing or bringing her food if shes hungry or even taking her to pick up her son even tho he isn't his child but she s carrying your baby& i know there not together but shes carrying his child what do you guys think?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 7:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. If she needs something then it sounds like she can call him and ask, but he should not be responsible for calling to see how she is doing or anything like that. They chose to split regardless of the fact that they have a child together.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think she's in a difficult situation and is doing fine. If my DH and I weren't together I wouldn't expect him to come bring my food or take me places. As long as when that little girl gets here he's a good father I don't think she can ask more. After all it took both of them to make her. And unfortunately being a mommy isn't a job of convienence.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• in a perfect world, yaa he should help her out..but..realistically..thas probably not gonna happen..and its a shame!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think he should be more considerate of her since she is carrying his child
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Nope I don't think that that is expected of him. She is a big girls she can take care of herself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I personally think that he should do that stuff. Because me and my baby daddy werent togther and he still called to check up on me and he would take me to my appointments and stuff but I don't know what there case is cuz me and my baby daddy got along at the time and idk if they do or not but if they dont they should atleast try and work it out for their childs sake. If he says he is going to be there for the kid when it gets here, he should be there for her and the kid while it is on its way here as well.
    Ariel1592

Answer by Ariel1592 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• NO- IT IS NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO BRING HER FOOD OR MAKE CHECK UP CLLS. soory for the caps. Anyway- they split up. As long as he is a father to the child when
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ...it's born, that is what will really be important imo.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, it's not his responsibility to bring her food and check up on her, they are not together. He is there for doctors appointments and says he will be there for the baby. She is an adult and has to learn how to fend for herself. I did, millions of other parents do it everyday. In a perfect world, parents would be together forever, but this world is not perfect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• The only thing he needs to do is provide child support for their child when it is born. If he chooses not to see the child that is his decision. She needs to learn to take care of herself and her child and just love her baby.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010