i put eye drops in my 3 year olds eyes and she aske me if it is going to make her bleed lol

I done this yesterday and today she runs from me and hides she says you goin make me bleed? lol. Yesterday she started screaming and now today she went and hid from me. I have to do this 4 times a day for 7 days and not sure how to do this by myself. How do I put eye drops in my dds eyes by myself when she holds her eye shut and moves all around and trys putting her hands on her face to get me to stop..dh can help me in the morning and bedtime but the other 2 times he wont be here how do i do it on my own? lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I just went threw this with mine! lol Take a blanket and do "snug as a bug in a rug". This will hold her arms down. Then lay her on the floor with your knees straddling her. It's ok if she closes her eyes, just stick the drops into the corners when she opens them they will go in. And even if she thrashes around you can pretend to get at one eye so she'll hide that one and then you just do the other and vise versa.

Sorry I hope I'm making sense! lol
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• yes it does and when i do it again i will try that way because i just did it to her and it took me, my dh and my bil to put eye drops in a 3 year olds eye lol. I feel so bad that i have to do that though, but i don't want it to get worse either.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010