How can I finish college while being a good SAHM?

My son is 10 mo old. I have finals this week and then just two classes until graduation. I really just want to finish. Can anyone offer any advice?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Take classes online, it is much more flexable
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Ask family if they are willing to help or check into online courses.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• You are so close!! Take them one at a time if you have to, but stick with it. You can do this!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I did it with 3 kids.. It is a balancing act. Just know that the time you spend away from your child now will better fuel your future. Good luck and keep at it. It will be worth it in the end. Study when the baby is asleep and have alot of late night.. Five hour energy shot helped me get through the late nights.. I also learned to function on 5 hours of sleep or less a night :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• A girl I was in class with was a single mom of 6 and did it too :) Just goes to show where there is a will there is a way... Stay stong mama :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I am planning to start college online. A lot of universities offer online courses, some even online degrees. Do you have any family that can help. I am sure Grandma would be happy to care for baby. ^_^
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Hey doing this is one of the things thats making you a good mom. Finish school and be done, you are too close to quit
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Ask family and friends for help and take the last 2 classes. If you don't you will never do it and then you will regret it. There is a girl in my class that has 7 kids, is pregnant with another and does it. She has been a foster parent for a longtime, taken in her sisters kids and adopted them and she makes it to all their school and sports functions and goes to school getting good grades. You just have to have a schedule and have help. It's 2 classes, it really isn't that much. DO IT SO YOU DON"T REGRET IT and it shows your child how important an education is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I'm taking as many classes as I can online. Once those are up and I HAVE to go to classes on campus, I'm signing my kids up for a Mother's/Parents Day Out program (at a church I take them to once a week for play dates and am familiar with) on Tues and Thur and I'm going to take as many classes as I can for those couple of hours that they're there. You can try looking into that. Or, if you have a friend that's a SAHM as well, you can work out a schedule with her too. My BF and I are both SAHM's so she'll watch my kids if I need her to, and vice versa. GL!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• thank you.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2010